Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Mr. Rohit Kakkar - A True Entrepreneur



Mr. Rohit Kakkar  has stepped forward to change the face of beverage industry . He determines to not just become a true entrepreneur but a true spirit with morals and values.



1. So, why did you setup this organisation? What was your idea behind it?

The one thing I have learnt from my father is to keep believing in what you want to achieve. After so many years of experience, I wanted to start of my own venture and change the beverage industry with easy and valuable products. The simple intention behind this venture was to bring out sustainability and reach out to the world as the most trusted brand of fruit pulps and purees.


2. How was your journey so far? Professionally?

Well, my professional journey is almost 25 yearlong now. After completing my MBA from one of the most prestigious college, I work in Amex for 17 years. I think there only, I knew I wanted to do something bigger and better. I have had to deal with a team set in different areas of the country and manage sales across. I learnt a lot before reaching where I am today.


3. How did you build up an entrepreneurial spirit, do you believe you were born with it or you developed it?
I’ve always been entrepreneurial. I’ve always liked doing things differently from the people around me. For instance, in school, instead of joining existing organizations, I would create my own. I have always loved the idea of doing something on my own, and preferred working in an “open” setting. Starting my own projects and being entrepreneurial allowed me to do this.


4. How did you come up with the idea of Real Roots?
I have always been fond of healthy fruits. When I was young, I have seen my mother using several fruits to make delicious recipes. I did my share of research and found that fruits can have large benefits when used in our day to day meals. But, the products available in the market were not budget friendly. Thus, I got the idea of savouring the tradition with health benefits and manufacture these beverages at a low cost.


5. Why did you choose to rebuild an old company into real roots? Why not brand a new one from scratch?
Well for me everything I have done till date holds a lot of importance to me. I wanted to carry forward my own legacy in the form of Real Roots. The values and principles SMGK had, is the root of VSRC. I used the learnings of my old company to build something better here. Most importantly, what inspired me to take this decision were the people, bank, VS, investors of SMGK. So, I wanted to take everything forward and step into a new milestone.


6. How do you want to change the industry with the help of your company?
In Real Roots we take of care of every aspect of manufacturing. From farm fresh fruit to packaging and deliveries, we have a number of quality checks from assured analysers. Our focus on quality and hygiene is what makes us different from others. We want our countrymen to experience the best products available. We are now bringing in new technology to India to achieve the best production and promote organic market.


7. Well, this question might sound funny, do you think it is easy to
be an entrepreneur?
It depends on how you define “easy.” It’s definitely more complex and intense, but at the same time very rewarding and enjoyable.


8. So, is it safe to say that you are satisfied to be here today?
Of course, it could not have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribution of MSMEs in the Indian Economy

In India, MSMEs are categorized into Manufacturing Enterprises and Services Enterprises (reference MSMED Act 2006). The Indian Economy is qu...